Beach Bod Nutrition & Fitnes Challenge!
CROSSFIT DASH! Beach bod season is HERE! The details of the challenge are below. There will be one winner for each gym based on number of points accumulated. Highest score wins! There are lots of ways to earn points in this challenge - there are points for daily nutrition, attendance points, and bonus challenge workout goals!
You will keep track of your own points daily in your Triib account. Results will be published on a gym-wide leaderboard . Good luck and have fun - time to get jacked and tan!
4 pts- PERFECT DAY (5-6 small meals & NO CHEAT MEALS)
3 pts- GOOD DAY (3-4 meals & NO CHEAT MEALS)
2 pts- NOT SO GOOD (2-4 meals & 1-2 items on DON'T LIST)
1 pt- GOING TO DO BETTER TOMORROW
We want you pushing yourself to eat 5-6 small meals per day. Eating this way has multiple benefits: Better portion controlPuts your metabolism into high gear
THE DON'T LIST
Grains- breads, white rice, pasta, corn, and instant anything
Legumes- Beans of all kinds...
Dairy- Use almond milk instead
Refined sugars- maple syrup, splenda, cane sugar, brown sugar, molasses
Fatty meats or fried anything
Limit processed foods to protein shakes and protein bars. Use those sparingly...
Unhealthy Oils- Vegetable oil, canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil and no peanut oil
THE DO LIST
Complex Grain-Brown or Wild Rice, Steel Cut Oats and Quinoa
Veggies- Choose multiple colors as they each have many beneficial effects. Some veggies (broccoli, celery, cherry tomatoes and cauliflower),
Healthy Nuts- Walnuts and Almonds are the best choice. Absolutely no peanuts!!!
Fruit- Also think about the rainbow effect here. The more colorful your choices, the better.
Apples, bananas (morning only), berries, oranges, pineapples, etc...
Healthy Fats/Oils- Olive oil, Coconut Oil, Grassfed Butter, Avocado Oil, Animal Fats and Ghee.
(We are not saying all these on the DON'T LIST can not add nutritional value to your eating lifestyle, just for this challenge we want you to limit yourself to clean items)
Guidelines for Attendance (10 points weekly):
- 10 points for checking into class at CROSSFIT DASH at least three times per week, and logging your score in Triib.
Guidelines for Bonus Challenge Workouts (based upon completion)**
- Accumulate 12,000 meters of running - 20 points upon completion
- Accumulate 1,000 Abmat situps - 20 points upon completion
- Accumulate 500 strict pull-ups (can be banded) - 20 points upon completion
- Accumulate 500 Burpees- 20 points upon completion
**This is to be done before or after class, or at home
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
* You must submit your score each day, coaches will not be responsible for this. As a reminder, make a note in your phone or set an alarm.
* Check the site each day for new weekly challenges and bonus points.
* Get your friends and colleagues ato sign-up.